History of St. Peter Roman Catholic School
St. Peter R.C. School was founded in 1953 by the Sisters of St. Francis. The pastor of the parish at the time was Father Michael Campbell. The school was originally located in Hennepin Hall – now used as the parish rectory. In the very beginning, the school was named “Hennepin Hall School” after Father Louis Hennepin, the first priest to say Mass in this area. Hennepin Hall was previously known as “Lewiston Manor.”
In November 1958, the current school facility was opened with 277 students in grades 1-6. It was then that the school was renamed “St. Peter School.” It later became known as “St. Peter R.C. School” in order to avoid confusion with St. Peter’s Lutheran School in nearby Sanborn, NY.