Sports at St. Peter’s
2017 Winter Sports Registration Now Open!
St. Peter’s Roman Catholic School Athletics Program (SPSAP) offers a variety of sports for students from kindergarten through 8th grade. Our sports program focuses on:
- Building confidence;
- Teaching universal life skills, such as sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, and character; and
- Winning with class and losing with grace.
Participation in the sports program enables each student to enjoy the entire St. Peter’s Roman Catholic School experience. Our athletics program adheres to the rules of the Diocese of Buffalo Elementary Sports Handbook. SPSAP programs are offered in fall, winter, and spring terms during the school year.
Fall programs include:
- Co-ed JV/Varsity soccer (grades 5-8)
- Co-ed swimming (grades K-8)
- Boys baseball (grades 7-8)
Winter programs include:
- Girls and boys JV/Varsity basketball (grades 4-8)
Spring programs include:
- Co-ed soccer (Grades 1-8)
- Co-ed track (grades 3-8)
- Girls JV/Varsity softball (Grades 4-8)
There is little or no cost to participate in SPSAP programs. League fees, uniform costs for most sports, and team equipment are included in the school budget annually. The only costs families incur are the uniform deposit, uniform costs for some sports where uniform sharing is limited (e.g. swim uniforms, softball/soccer socks, K-4 sports), and single user equipment (e.g. goggles, gloves, shin guards). Families also have the option to purchase an optional Athletics program pride t-shirt to show their Panther pride at sporting events.
To participate in SPSAP programs, students/athletes and their families must complete the following:
- Review and sign a returned copy of the “Uniform Care and Deposit and Family Participation” policy.
- Submit a New York State Department of Education Health Appraisal form. This form is required for all student/athletes every year.
- Maintain an appropriate attendance record.
- Maintain a passing grade in every class each quarter (or working to potential as determined by the school principal).
Attendance at all practices and games:
Please note that many programs require that the school pay a “per athlete” cost to the league. Student/athletes who leave a team early or who do not fully participate result in a loss to the SPSAP and the school.
For more information about the SPSAP, including opportunities to volunteer as a coach or team representative, please contact the SPSAP Athletics Director, Briana Jegier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.