Home and School Association
The Home and School Association (HSA) Board would like to welcome every family at St. Peter R.C. School to the 2015-2016 school year. Membership in the HSA is automatic to all families with children enrolled at St. Peter’s School, so everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in HSA meetings, events, and programs. Not only will you learn what the students are doing, you will have many opportunities to meet other parents and families when you participate.
The HSA is aptly named because the group forms a partnership and facilitates communication between the students’ homes and school. The HSA organizes activities and fundraisers that are beneficial to everyone by supporting our school. We also try to make the events enjoyable for the entire family. Some of the money raised by the HSA is used to pay for programs, activities, field trips, and to show the staff our appreciation, however most of the money raised through fundraising is paid to the parish to help defray the cost of running our school. We will raise this money through several different fundraisers. Therefore, we want and need your involvement with the HSA.
This year, we will hold the following fundraisers:
- Little Lamb sales – cookie dough, cheesecakes, and other delicious items (Fall beginning in September)
- Diamonds Are a School’s Best Friend Raffle – $20 ticket buys a chance to win a diamond ring (ticket sales are September until February)
- Reverse Cash Raffle – entrance to drawing night party included with raffle ticket (November 15)
- My Best Auction – ladies’ night with food, drinks and auction of items that have either been homemade or purchased. The name “My Best” began when the auction mostly involved homemade items where ladies utilized whatever talents God gave them. The auction items have changed over time to represent the best that each of us can do, be it a great deal that we found in a store or shopping online, something that we bought because it was too good not to buy, or something that we made using our talents. (December 4)
- Pancake Breakfast – starts our celebration of Catholic Schools Week (January 24)
- Easter candy sales (late winter with delivery in time for Easter)
- Grand Gift Gala – dinner, entertainment, auctions, and FUN (April 16)
You can also download a PDF with our full HSA Calendar of Events 2015-2016.
The HSA also participates in Scrips, Box Tops, Labels for Education, and parish fundraisers. This year, the HSA will give all proceeds earned through the Labels for Education to the school’s sports program. In addition to the HSA fundraisers, the parish holds events, such as Lenten fish dinners and a 5K Run/Walk, and we help with those events.
The middle school will also be doing a few fundraisers to cover the cost of their biennial trip, dances, retreat, and other special activities. To raise funds for those events, the middle school will be selling chicken BBQ in October and hosting a spaghetti dinner in February, as well as selling poinsettias at Christmastime. Please remember to support our middle school students. They will be working hard to earn their rewards.
We are a family here at St. Peter R.C. School, so we all work together. If you are new to the school, the Board hopes to become acquainted with you better, and we look forward to seeing you around school and at our events.
The HSA Board for the 2015-2016 year:
- Candy Ingwersen, president
- Valerie Josten, vice-president
- Lisa Aquino, secretary
- Shelley A. Truex, co-treasurer
- Jim Ieraci, co-treasurer
- April Pacella, the HSA representative for primary grades (multi-age through 5th Grade)
- Zyta Reese, the HSA representative for middle school (6th through 8th grades)
Father David and our principal, Mrs. Ingham, lead the HSA in its efforts to serve the school. Also on the Board, we have two teacher representatives. Miss Carlson has graciously agreed to serve on the board and another teacher will be joining us soon. The Board is here for you. We are all here to make this the best year it can be for our children and St. Peter’s School. If you have a question or an idea that you would like to share, please tell us or bring it to a meeting. The HSA email is email@example.com, or contact anyone on the Board directly.
We will have four HSA meetings this school year. Our first meeting will be on October 15th at 6:15 p.m. with a parent social following the meeting. The other meetings will be January 14, February 24, and May 12. The February meeting will be a dinner meeting held in conjunction with the Science Fair and Book Share. In May, we will have our final financial reports and hold elections. Please watch for other committee meetings throughout the year. Also, please be sure to check the HSA bulletin board located in the main entrance hallway for updates and additional opportunities to volunteer throughout the year.
Best wishes for a wonderful 2015-2016 school year!